Monday, January 18, 2010

First Thing's First

I got a new sewing machine for Christmas (Singer Inspiration-- thanks Santa!!) and last night I decided to take it out for the first time and set it up and all that jazz. NOT as easy as I thought it would be. At first it was fine. I went through the instruction manual and made sure I was familiar with all of the parts and functions of this machine, then it came time to wind the bobbin. No problem. Threading the needle I had no trouble with either but when it came time for me to catch the bobbin thread I was lost. The needle thread kept looping around the outside of the bobbin and getting jammed. I had to rip out all of that thread and I was terrified I was going to rip out the guts of my sewing machine!! Finally, I did catch the bobbin thread and bring it up and I was ready to sew-- right? No. I think I set up everything right but when I tried to sew a bit, the fabric didn't move, and all the thread just got jammed up in one spot. There is a Get Started DVD that came with the machine so I'm going to look at that tonight and see if I can figure out what I've done.

It's a little frustrating that I've already run into problems and I haven't even tried to do anything yet. Looks like I'm still a VERY long way away from designing my own wardrobe.
Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment